Wuhan East Lake High-tech Development Zone -- China · Optics Valley
RELEASE: August-22 2017  07:18:44 CHECK: LIKE: 0
It's a beautiful place, where the lake and the hills add radiance and beauty to each other; it's a magical valley, which can change the knowledge into wealth; it's an innovation territory, which composes the soul of emerging industries!
Here is the world-famous Wuhan · Optics Valley of China.
Optics Valley of China, namely Wuhan East Lake High-tech Development Zone.
The transportation is convenient here. It has a planning area of 518 square kilometers, with 10 minutes' trip to high-speed rail station, and 50 minutes' trip to Tianhe Airport.
It has great innovation strength. 42 universities, 56 national research institutes, 62 academicians of Chinese Academy of Sciences and Chinese Academy of Engineering, over 300,000 professionals and 1.1 million college students are gathered here. Here are over 20,000 registered companies, over 40 Fortune Global 500 companies, and over 30 listed companies. 5 international standards, 110 national standards and 180 industry standards have been formulated.
As one of the three national independent innovation demonstration zones, Optics Valley shoulders the national responsibility of first trial and independent innovation.
Chronicle of events
October 1988 Wuhan East Lake High-tech Development Zone was officially founded
March 1991 It became one of the 26 national high-tech industrial development zones
The only national hi-tech development zone in Wuhan
January 2000 It became APEC Science and Technology Industrial Park
July 2001 It became the only optoelectronic information industrial base in China
---Wuhan · Optics Valley of China came into being
March 2006 It became one of the 6 national independent innovation high-tech parks
November 2006 It became one of the top ten national information service outsourcing bases
It was listed as a pilot project for the construction of a world-class science and technology park
July 2007 It became the national biological industry base
December 2007 It became the national innovation base for reinvigorating trade by science and technology
October 2008 It's approved as the only industrialization base of national geospatial information
December 2008 It's selected as one of the first "Innovation and Entrepreneurship Bases for Overseas High-level Talents" by the Central Committee
December 2009 It's approved as a national independent innovation demonstration zone
July 2010 Wuhan Future Science and Technology Town was approved as the "Talent Base under Centralized Construction by Central Enterprises" by the Organization Department of the Central Committee of the CPC and the SASAC
August 2011 It's approved as the first comprehensive free trade zone in Hubei
In December 2009, the State Council approved the construction of national independent innovation demonstration zone in East Lake High-Tech Development Zone, thus the development of East Lake High-Tech Development Zone became a national strategy and entered a new historical stage. We will try first and put forward preferential policies and measures in carrying out equity incentive and scientific and technological achievements transformation reward, supporting personal income tax and corporate income tax, deepening technological and financial reform and participation of new industrial organizations in the major national science and technology projects, carrying out government procurement, promoting fiscal policy of innovation and entrepreneurship, improving innovation and entrepreneurship environment and living environment for the high-level talents, and supporting science and technology talents and college students' innovative undertaking, and complete the overall objectives of the East-Lake National Independent Innovation Demonstration Zone: We will work hard to cultivate and gather a number of excellent innovative and entrepreneurial talents, especially industrial leading talents, and strive to develop and transform a number of internationally advanced scientific and technological achievements, achieve a number of original achievements in the leading fields of basic research, strengthen a number of innovative enterprises with global competitiveness, establish a number of internationally renowned brands, set up a number of world-class new research institutions, comprehensively improve the independent innovation and radiation driving capacity of East Lake High-Tech Development Zone, make efforts to promote the development and innovation of science and technology in East Lake High-Tech Development Zone to a new level within ten years, and build the East Lake High-Tech Development Zone into a scientific development test zone, an advanced industrial agglomeration zone, an independent innovation demonstration zone, and a reform and opening up pilot zone with distinctive features, strong strength, international leadership and first-rank around the world; we’ll build the East Lake High-Tech Development Zone into an important comprehensive high-tech industry base of China, a modern new zone with harmonious development of man and nature as well as first-class innovation and entrepreneurship environment, and a model that promotes resource-conserving and environment-friendly construction and drives development by innovation.
"3551 Talent Plan of Optics Valley" in Special Talent Zone
A nation is founded by talents, and an industry is prospered by talents. In February 2009, the Wuhan Municipal Committee and Municipal Government decided to establish the "Special Talent Zone", and implement the "3551 Talent Plan" in the East Lake High-Tech Development Zone in accordance with the talent development strategy of the Central Committee and provincial Party committee; they’ll try to introduce and cultivate about 50 leading talents in science and technology who master international leading technology and lead the industry development from five industries including optoelectronic information, biology, environmental protection and energy conservation, high-end equipment manufacturing and modern service industry, as well as about 1000 high-level talents engaged in scientific and technological innovation and achievements transformation in the emerging industries with 3 years.
In 2012, in order to accelerate the construction of Wuhan international talent highland, play the leading role of Special Talent Zone in East Lake High-Tech Development Zone, and build a "Special Talent Zone" in line with international standards, the East Lake High-Tech Development Zone decided to implement the "3551 Talent Plan of Optics Valley" on the basis of extending and expanding the "3551 Talent Plan", and to introduce and cultivate leading talents who master international leading technology, high-level talents engaged in scientific and technological innovation and entrepreneurship in the emerging industries, financial and business management talents and high-end talents providing supporting services for high-tech industries, who are in shortage in the high-tech zone, with overseas high-level talents as the focus and enterprise as the carrier around the development needs of high-tech industry in Optics Valley. 3-5 years will be used to build the Special Talent Zone in East Lake High-Tech Development Zone to a demonstration zone for talent development, a pilot zone for talent mechanism innovation, an advantage zone for international competition among talents, and a free and livable ecological zone for talents, and to create an international Special Talent Zone with gathering of high-level talents, lead of high-tech industry and research and development cluster, integration of efficient resource elements, emergence of sophisticated scientific and technological achievements, and high-quality and livable environment.
I. Innovative funding mechanism of the "3551 Talent Plan of Optics Valley"
The evaluation is conducted at three different levels, in order of excellent talent (team), key talent (team) and leading talent (team) in "3551 Talent Plan of Optics Valley" in accordance with the principle of classified evaluation, preferential funding and cumulative increase. The high-level talent (team) that is not selected in the "3551 Talent Plan of Optics Valley" can only apply for the excellent talent (team) project, and the selected excellent talent (team) will be provided with 1 million yuan of funding; within 3 years after being selected in the excellent talent (team) project, the talent (team) can apply for key talent (team) project according to the application requirements and its own development, and the selected key talent (team) will be provided with 2 million yuan (a total of 3 million yuan) of funding; within 3 years after being selected in the key talent (team) project, the talent (team) can apply for leading talent (team) project according to the application requirements and its own development, and the selected leading talent (team) will be provided with 3 million yuan (a total of 6 million yuan) of funding.
II. Six fields of talent introduction
Around the development of leading industries, the demand for high-level talents in the demonstration zone is mainly concentrated in six fields.
The first is the optoelectronic information industry, which mainly includes laser, optical communication, new photoelectric display, semiconductor lighting, photovoltaic field, consumer electronics, integrated circuit, location information service, Internet of Things, next generation of wireless communication and next generation Internet and other fields;
The second is the biological industry, which mainly includes biopharmacy, chemical medicine preparation, traditional Chinese medicine and botanical drug, medical outsourcing, medical equipment, biological agriculture, bioenergy, biological information, biological manufacturing and other fields;
The third is the environmental protection and energy conservation industry, which mainly includes wind power, biomass energy and hydrogen energy, nuclear energy (nuclear power), new energy technology consulting services, water pollution control and recycling, air pollution control and related comprehensive utilization, solid waste treatment and comprehensive utilization, environmental inspection technology and equipment, new environmentally friendly materials and products, new emerging environmental protection and energy conservation services and other fields;
The fourth is the high-end equipment manufacturing industry, which mainly includes numerical control machine, clean energy equipment, equipment electrical subsystem and core modules, shipping industry, aviation industry and other fields;
The fifth is the modern service industry, which mainly includes research and design, software and service outsourcing, e-commerce, animation creation, mobile Internet services, modern logistics, science and technology intermediate service, education and training, health management services and other fields;
The sixth includes finance, management, technology credit, risk investment and other fields.
III. Twenty measures for talent introduction
1. The leading group office of the Special Talent Zone has been set up to provide all-round and thoughtful service for innovation and entrepreneurship in the demonstration zone of high-level talents both at home and abroad.
2. The special fund for the Special Talent Zone has been set up, with an annual investment of not less than 400 million yuan (RMB, the same below), to provide strong financial support for the introduction and cultivation of high-level talents.
3. The "3551 Talent Plan of Optics Valley" will be actively implemented, and the first-class and high-level talents and teams in innovation and entrepreneurship will be provided with financial support after the evaluation, for housing subsidies, subsistence allowance, spouse’s living allowance and so on. They either obtain the master's degree or doctor's degree at home and abroad, or obtain the title of professor-level senior engineer, who have held intermediate or senior posts in multinational corporations at home and abroad, are aged no more than 55 years old, and own independent intellectual property rights and patent of invention. Their technical achievements are internationally advanced, which can fill the gap in China with market potential and industrial production. The introduced world-class team that can lead the industry development in the demonstration zone and bring about significant economic and social benefits can be provided with a maximum funding of 100 million yuan.
4. High-level talents will be recommended to apply for the national "Thousand Talents Program", and the selected participants will be provided with 3 million yuan of supporting funds by Wuhan and the demonstration zone.
5. One-stop service will be provided for high-level talents to set up enterprises in the demonstration zone. The start-ups of high-level talents both at home and abroad have been equipped with a number of professional administrative assistants (talent service specialists) by the demonstration zone, to assist in dealing with corporate registration, daily administration, human resource management, public relations, project declaration and so on, and all the expenses of the personnel involved shall be borne by the demonstration zone; the 3551 Optics Valley Talent Network (www.3551.org.cn) and Sina Weibo @ Special Talent Zone in Optics Valley of China have been opened to facilitate understanding of the latest policy and progress of the "3551 Talent Plan of Optics Valley".
6. Incubation platform will be provided for high-level talents to set up enterprises in the demonstration zone. At present, there are 29 incubators and accelerators like Overseas Students Pioneer Park, with a total incubation area of 2.6 million square meters, and the incubated enterprises can enjoy all kinds of incubation policies and professional services; high-level talents will be recommended to settle in Wuhan Future Science and Technology Town, which will provide all kinds of high quality service for enterprise innovation and entrepreneurship.
7. The high-level talents can establish or jointly establish high-tech enterprises by making capital contributions with human capital or intellectual property rights.
8. Enterprise equity and dividend incentive will be tried out, and enterprises will be encouraged to motivate important technical personnel and enterprise management personnel through equity incentive, equity sale, stock option and dividend incentive.
9. The intellectual property pledge loan will be implemented, the enterprise credit system will be established, and the credit loan strategic cooperation and credit insurance pilot will be promoted in Optics Valley Science and Technology Branch of major commercial banks. The science and technology enterprises founded by high-level talents can apply for credit loans without mortgage and guarantee. The establishment of talent innovation and venture capital companies will be promoted, and social capital will be guided to provide investment and financing support for 3551 Talent Program, and a diversified investment mechanism for talent development will be formed.
10. For the high level talents with an annual salary of above 150 thousand yuan (inclusive), and a continuous working period of more than 2 years, the individual income tax paid which is kept at the city and the district will be returned 100% by financial reward or other means.
11. The talent enterprises will be supported to participate in major national science and technology projects, and be helped to strive for support of national innovation fund, and development funds of related industries in Hubei Province and Wuhan City and the demonstration zone. The implementation of the policy of government procurement of first set of major technical test equipment will be promoted, the application of independent innovation products will be promoted, and the independent innovation of enterprises will be supported.
12. The cooperation with institutions including renowned universities at home and abroad and scientific research institutions will be strengthened to jointly cultivate high-level talents; they will be encouraged to actively participate in international high-level academic and technical exchange activities with innovation and entrepreneurship as the main purpose, and the more excellent talents will be provided with funds or subsidies.
13. The national and provincial laboratories, engineering (technology) research centers, public research and development platforms, and enterprise technology centers will be encouraged to introduce and cultivate high-level talents, and carry out technological innovation activities. The newly approved enterprise postdoctoral scientific research stations and industrial bases will be provided with financial support.
14. The green channel for professional title evaluation of high-level talents will be established, and high-level talents will not be limited by qualifications, years of working and other conditions when applying for professional titles. Employers will be encouraged to introduce high-level talents in various ways, such as post employment, project employment, task employment and project cooperation.
15. The independent innovation accounting service demonstration base in Wuhan · Optics Valley of China will be established, and talent enterprises will be provided with government procurement accounting services.
16. The high-level talent service alliance will be established, the high-level talent project docking platform will be built, the talent salon and elite club will be organized, the talent activity (service) center will be set up, various resources will be integrated, and the "333 Meeting" in the East-Lake National Independent Innovation Demonstration Zone will be organized regularly to carry out exchange and docking activities related to talent project, such as finance, industrial support, human resources and technology integration.
17. The "international elite community", "talent apartment" and "talent community" will be built with a high starting point and high standard, and preferential policies will be provided for house leasing and purchase of high-level talents, and a good cultural environment will be created for them to solve the worries behind.
18. Talent Residence Permit will be issued to high-level talents and their families who do not want to change their registered permanent residence or nationality, so that they can enjoy the same treatment as citizens in Wuhan.
19. The international schools will be set up, and children of high-level talents can freely choose schools for compulsory education in the high-tech zone, so that the problem of enrollment in kindergarten and school of their children can be solved; international hospitals will be set up to provide good medical services, and prior medical card will be issued to high-level talents and their spouses and children; the leading talents meet the relevant conditions can enjoy the medical treatment at bureau level.
20. The invention patents and achievements in scientific research obtained by high-level talents will be preferentially recommended for evaluation of national, provincial and municipal scientific and technological awards. The high-level talents who have made outstanding contributions will be preferentially recommended for evaluation of young and middle-aged experts who have made outstanding contributions to China, Hubei Province or Wuhan City, and personnel who enjoy the special allowances of the State Council and the special allowances of provincial and municipal governments. The foreigners who have made outstanding contributions can be preferentially recommended for application of awards such as the "National Friendship Award", "Chime Bell Award" of Hubei Province and "Yellow Crane Friendship Award” of Wuhan City according to the relevant provisions.
IV. Results of talent introduction
Since 2009, the East Lake High-Tech Development Zone has invested 520 million yuan in special funds for the construction of the Special Talent Zone, among which, 480 million yuan is for free sponsorship of the talent project. A total of more than 3500 people have been introduced and cultivated, and 25 of them have been selected in the national "Thousand Talents Program", and 27 have been selected in the provincial "Hundred Talents Program", and 431 people (team) have been selected in the "3551 Talent Plan of Optics Valley". Among the talents, there are more than 4300 doctoral students, and more than 10 thousand talents have been attracted to the East Lake High-Tech Development Zone for working and entrepreneurship.
- • Between the Past and the Future: Creativity as a Bridge of the River City - Wuhan
- • Hankou Concession
- • Founding History of ＂Made in Hanyang＂: the Rise of Modern China's Industry in
- • Summary of Research Findings on Wuhan’s Economic and Social Development Environ
- • Wuhan East Lake High-tech Development Zone -- China · Optics Valley